Monday, June 05, 2006

Farm animals gone bad...


Well, they're actually a couple of very nice farm animals, but they look pretty badass in these pics. These are a couple of Aussie comicbook characters, both of which were very popular in the local scene back in the '90's. There's Tim McEwen's, Trevor the Bull from 'Greener Pastures' and Issue One's Cyberswine- Half cop, Half machine, Full boar! The Cyberswine was a cover for a fanzine mag called Comic's Edge and Trevor was a pinup in #2 of Greener Pastures, both going back about 10 years now.

5 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I've just recently bought some old back issues of Hairbutt the Hippo with Cyberswine in it-your portrayal is excellent-you can almost smell the sweat & grot :)
I also used to read Comic Edge as well-I'll have to go back & see if this pic was in an issue I have!

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still as impressive today as they were when I first saw them ten years ago.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Thanks Erin ad Mic.

Erin- The Cyberswine pic was a cover, so it should be easy to spot.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I did look & don't have the issue. I joined about 10 issues before Comic Edge folded so missed out on lots of prior stuff.
I recently came across some old Comics Quartley's too-I assumed they went under too-is there anything of the like at present being sold?

5:52 PM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Erin- There was the Ozcomics magazine, but I think that too has folded.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © Chris Wahl 2019 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners