Saturday, April 01, 2006

From John to Jude...same Law applies

This seems like a deliberate segue on my part, to go from John Law to Jude Law but it was just a crazy coincidence.

When I first started blogging I came across John (Ren and Stimpy) Kricfalusi's blog, where he was challenging his fans to have a go at caricaturing Jude Law after claiming he was a very difficult man to draw. Well, he wasn't wrong! My sketches range from him looking like Leonardo DiCaprio to Luke Perry and Stephen Hawking's lovechild! Nevertheless, I thought I'd post them up anyway to see what you all think...

6 Comments:

Blogger EricV said...

i think the bottom left is the most successful of the bunch.

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kinda like the first and third one best. :)
Maggie

10:03 AM  
Blogger Michael Cho said...

Nice! All of them work for me except the bottom right one. The rest are instantly recognizable.

Great stuff as always, Chris.

5:11 PM  
Blogger heri said...

you just make it look to easy, hey chris, is there a way you we can view how you think, post your process, I'm always interested in that.

-heri

3:22 PM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Thanks guys.

Heri- These were anything but easy, Heri. Jude's a tough cookie to draw. His features are quite subtle. Even after drawingand scanning them in, I resized, repositioned and distort the features in Photoshop to get his likeness right.

I'll post some processes and tutorials in future blogs.

Thanks again

11:30 PM  
Blogger heri said...

ah yeah, I just gotta see how you think. :) the only way I'll learn.. I mean I'm already learning just seeing your sketches. but a process will be more than helpfull. :)

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © Chris Wahl 2019 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners